Community Outreach Worker
JOB TITLE: Community Outreach Worker
BASED AT: Various sites throughout Merthyr Tydfil, RCT & Bridgend
HOURS: Various available
SALARY: £15,065 pro rata (£7.83 p/h)
RESPONSIBLE TO: Service Co-ordinator / Line Manager
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 31st October, 2018 at 12pm
Looking for a career that cares?
We are looking for a person with personality, positivity and compassion to join our Community Services team working across Rhondda Cynon Taf, Merthyr Tydfil and Bridgend. With no two days ever the same, working for Age Connects Morgannwg role offers plenty of variety and fulfilment.
Ideally, we are looking for people with experience of working in a social care environment, whether that’s at work or home. An understanding of the challenges older people experience would be an advantage, but not essential. What we’re looking for most is that you can show you care about people, that you can listen and you want to make a difference.
We will provide all the necessary training you need to enjoy and thrive in the role, including NVQ programmes and other work bases learning opportunities. We offer a workplace pension and you could enjoy 25 annual leave days every year, increasing to 30 after 5 years’ service plus bank holidays! You even get your birthday off once you’ve completed your 6 month probation period!
· Workas part of the Community Outreach Team under the direction of Co-ordinators and Community Services Manager to provide practical and emotional support to older people to enable them to remain living independently in their own home as long as possible.
· Visit people over the age of 50 who suffer from dementia or other functional mental health problems that live in their own homes to provide them with friendship, information, practical and emotional support.
· Encourage and promote healthy eating and the need to socialise to assist in the prevention of illnesses occurring through the lack of motivation and isolation that may lead to hospital admission. The demands of supporting people with these illnesses need to be met with sensitivity, professionally and adequately.
· Provision of support to people over the age of 50 who are hospitalised, providing them with information and advice on what services are available to them whilst in hospital and taking them from hospital to home
· Providing on going practical and emotional support to individuals once they leave hospital within the community
A Full driving licence and access to a car is essential in all of these roles.
Successful candidates are subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records check and satisfactory references.
For more information download the Job pack, Job Description, Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring form.
If you would like to express an interest in this role, you can contact Elisa Faulkner at firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 01443 490663 for your application Pack.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS – Wednesday 31st October. 2018 at 12pm